5.31.2012

9 months in... 9 months out...

Maxson and Kenley have officially been out of my belly as long as they were in! SO very exciting. This age has been SO much fun. Their personalities are really starting to show and we love it! It is so funny how different in size they are! People are starting to think that Max and Kenley are just brother and sister, not twins. We get, "Oh wow, you sure didn't wait long to get pregnant." or whispered "WOW. There is no way they are twins, can you imagine." or my favorite, (to our face from complete strangers mind you.) "When is the next one due." HI OK not only is that totally rude THEY ARE TWINS, but umm... I know that I am not SKINNY MINNY at all, but I DO NOT LOOK PREGO. I love to just smile and say "Oh yes he is the older brother, 11 min older. They are twins. Cant you tell?" Usually people come up with some sort of awkward reply, especially when they weren't talking to me in the first place... Kill them with Kindness.

Maxson- Weight 19lbs 11oz. We just tell people he is 20 lbs. He feels like 40. You know when there are some kids that no matter how much/little they weigh they just are HEAVY. That is our Max man to a T. If he were tied to you, and you fell into the ocean, you would sink to the bottom. This guy has a LOT of brains, that is why his head is so big. He now has 7!!! teeth. 4 on top and 3 on bottom. HE loves to show them off with his cheesiest smile. He also loves to BITE. Anything and everything. My chin, shoulder, and bicep among his favorites. Max is crawling like a champ now! He follows Kenley around everywhere and they turn and look at each other and crack up laughing. They are hilarious to watch. Max climbed the stairs at my parents for the first time! He loves mom. And food. And cuddling. This kid is such a great cuddlier. He loves when mom sings to him and story time. AND he loves his banana brush. BEST thing ever. Max is my bud and I LOVE him. Max loves to scream. He screams when he is excited, when he is bored, when he is upset, when he is hungry, always. We call him the pterodactyl. He especially likes to do it when he should be quiet. Like at church, or in restaurants. So awesome. :] Max is so HANDSOME! I love to just stare at this kid! I love his smile and he has his daddy's butt-chin. Which I adore.




Kenley- Weight 15lbs 6oz. Just itty bitty still. I swear she must be moving around so much that she just burns calories like crazy. Kenley is not only petite, but she is dainty in all that she does. She grabs her food so girly, and when she stands she is on her tip toes. This girl is a girly girl through and through. Even her cry is dainty. I love this little girl like crazy. She is going through a stage right now (actually they both are) where I cannot leave them alone. If I even turn to walk out of the room, cry. If I hurry and run to the bathroom, cry. If she is tired and anyone else tries to hold her, cry. I love that she loves me so much that she doesn't want to be apart from me, but it sure makes it a lot harder for me to get anything done! AND I HAVE NEVER BEEN BUSIER, but more on that later. She is a happy girl, she loves to play with Max. She is teething now! Teething has not been a breeze for her. Tender, runny nose, fussy, just sad. She has 2 teeth and they are cute. I miss her gummy smile and we can no longer call her toothless. But I love her two toofs. She loves climbing the big stairs at Nana's house. And she LOVES Betsy and Jeter. (my parent's dogs) I am sure you know this if you have looked at any pictures at all of Kenley, BUT she is beautiful. She has excellent eyebrows, perfect little nose, beautiful big eyes, and cute cheeks! She just needs some hair. She is bald!

Mom- Well like I mentioned before I am BUSY BUSY BUSY. I just got a new calling, and I know I am going to love it, once I stop stressing. I am the new Young Women's President in the 4th Ward. I am so excited about this new calling. I love being in YW! I know that Heavenly Father will help me. And help my family to support me. I will be keeping you updated on some of the things we do! I want to be able to look back someday and remember all the fun stuff we are going to do. :] We just spent almost a week in Vegas, visiting Eric's family! We had so much fun! Vegas post to come later. We are running a half marathon at the end of July! So excited! It is the Timpanogos Half, and I have heard it is beautiful! I start training for that TODAY. (PS finished Insanity. LOVED it. Will be doing it again in August.) I have a huge list of crafts I want to do this summer. The twin's Birthday is in August. OH the same day that we are doing the Half Marathon, we are going to WICKED in SLC. SO EXCITED FOR THIS! My mom and I went 3 years ago and this time we are taking all the boys! Max and Kenley are going to go to Eric's cousin Katie and her hub Steve's house while we go! In June I am throwing my VERY good friend Kate a bridal shower! She is getting married in JULY and I couldn't be happier for her! Sometime in August is the Jensen family reunion! We usually go to 7 peaks in Provo and swim all day! BUT I think this year they are all going to come up here and we are going to go to Lava for some swimming and floating the river! My middle brother Blake got his mission call, he is going to be serving in the Riverside California Spanish speaking mission! He leaves on Aug 15. His birthday. I cannot tell you how proud I am of him. He is such a great kid. And such a good example. I am going to miss him a whole lot. BUT I know that he is doing the right thing. Missions are awesome! I am sure I will have other things come up that will keep me even busier, but that is how my summer looks so far!

Dad- Eric is still studying like crazy. We got him a couple more LSAT prep books. He takes the LSAT on June 11th. I am so happy for him. He has been working so hard and I am sure he will slay that LSAT like its nobodies business. Top choices for Law School right now are: BYU, UofU, UNLV, ASU, and UofI. But we will go where ever the Lord wants us to end up. He will start the application process when he finds out what he scored on the LSAT, then it is waiting time and then NEXT SEPTEMBER (2013) is when he would start school. We are looking forward to this next adventure! I know that I will pretty much be a single mom for the three yrs he is in school, but it will be worth it. It always is. Eric is running the Half Marathon too! And as soon as he takes the LSAT he will start training. I love that he likes to be healthy too. It is so fun to watch Eric with the kids. He is so good with them, and they ADORE him. They always laugh so much more when Eric is home. He makes things better for me when I am having a hard time or am stressed out.

That is what we have been up to, and what we will be up to.
Swear I will tell you all about our fabulously fun crazy wild Vegas Vacay soon!

3 comments:

  1. When you start insanity I wanna join in! I could lose a few inches and more than a few pounds! Call me!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey! I ran into your cute blog! I am also doing insanity! I love it but it definitely kicks my trash!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Aubrey! You prob don't remember me but we both played soccer and graduated the same year. I found your blog and have been reading through it because I had boy/girl twins almost 4 months ago. It was fun to read your experience and and watch your babies grow! They are beautiful and you look like you are a master twin mommy! Hope you are doing well and you don't mind me saying hi :)

    ReplyDelete