8.27.2012

June...

June was a busy month for us as well. In fact, I think it would be safe to say that just our whole lives are busy and they will be. :) This summer has been so much fun!! We have really tried to be active and do things.
We went to the park a million times. Eric took the LSAT. Maxson and Kenley were 10 months old. Eric had his first Father's Day. I did some fun activities for Young Womens. We had our first bout of sickness race through our little family. We swam a lot at Nana's. (By WE I mean the twins. And by SWAM I mean played in the kiddy pool.)Maxson peed in the Bumbo. We had our very first camping trip as a family. Kiddos rode on the 4wheelers for the first time. And our town was devastated by the Charlotte Fire.

We went to the park a bunch! Brooklyn's Playground is the place to be! It is such a nice park! We love going there and swinging on the swings. They have SO many baby ones! Well like 6. :) We love meeting friends at the park. Moms get to chat and walk and do mom things. And the kids get to do kid things, like sit in the stroller, swing on the swings, go down the slide and eat grass. One of my very best friends Dani and her girls, Hazyl and Hattie met us at Brooklyn's Playground the day they were doing the ribbon cutting! It was so neat to see the community that had gathered together and donated the funds for this amazing handicapped accessible park! Very neat! It was so much fun to get together with Dani and the girls! (They live in Logan.) Dani and I have a very interesting relationship. Well actually our relationship is quite normal, but the background of it is pretty fun. :) Her husband, Tyson, was my high school boyfriend. And he is actually probably the only reason Dani and I have become so close! I am so glad they got married and that Dani and I were able to get past the weirdness (actually we don't even think it is weird, but there are other people who think it is... weird.) and become best friends! I love her and am so thankful for our friendship! She is such a great example of a wonderful mom and I am SO glad to know her!

Eric took the LSAT! He had been studying so hard, and finally the day came to LSAT. We all woke up early, ran to Walgreens for some last minute things he needed, like pencils... haha, and we drove him to the testing center. No cell phones were allowed and so I told him I would be back in a couple of hours. Well apparently he showed up to take the test too early! He had to walk home. Thank goodness we only live about a mile from campus. SO he figured out when he needed to be back and where he needed to go. So again I dropped him off at campus and told him I would be back in a couple hours. Kissed him good luck and took off. 2 hours later we head back to ISU to pick him up! And we wait. And wait and WAIT. LITERALLY TWO HOURS. Finally I threw in the towel and decided to head home. Kids needed dinner and were so sad. We get home, and who should be there sitting on the couch... ERIC!!! WHAT?? Well, as luck would have it he had to go somewhere else on campus to take the test. (remember he still couldn't have his phone) And when he had finished the test he said he looked for me and walked to our meeting place and we were nowhere to be found! So he walked home! He had only been there for about 15 min, so its not like we were totally wasting our time waiting for him. Looking back now he should have just had his phone in his pocket turned off... haha.

Eric had his first real Father's Day! The kids and I gave him a couple of DVDs and made him a nice card! Eric is truly an amazing Father! He is so great with the kids and even puts up with me still! We are so SO lucky to have him! He works so hard to provide for us and then has energy to play and go on walks and take care of us! I love him so much! :)

My calling as Young Women's President has been a real challenge for me! For those of you who may not know what Young Women's is, it is a program designed for the young ladies that are members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints, and are ages 12-17. This program is designed to teach the young women in our church skills and talents that will help them to build their testimony, be leaders, and be wives/mothers/successful women in the world in which we live. I LOVE the YW program and know of it's importance! What has been hard is... well... we only have two active girls. That is, two girls that actually come to church and we can count on them to be there for our Wednesday activities. We actually have about 12 girls that are YW age in our ward. And a handful of them come out to Wednesday activities. I say it has been a challenge for me because I feel responsible for each of these girls salvation's. I say this in all seriousness. I love each of my girls SO much. And it makes me so sad to see some of the situations they come from. I want whats best for them, and I want them to be happy. And I know that true joy can only come from feeling our Heavenly Father's love and showing you love Him too by doing the things He has commanded. I pray for these girls day and night. And I hope, I HOPE that something I do will touch their lives. Maybe not now, but someday they can look back and say, "Wow, Sister Massey really loved me! She was awesome and taught me so much!" Wishful thinking, I am sure.

We also had our first sickness in our home! Max was the first to get the bug. Saturday morning Max gets sick and throws up twice. Saturday afternoon Eric is sick and throws up as well. Sunday we all rest. Monday morning mommy is sick and throws up. (My wonderful mother and brothers took the kids all day so I could get better.) And finally Monday evening Kenley wakes up and throws up and is up all night sick. I think she got it worse than any of us! It is such a hard thing to see your kids sick! It broke mine and Eric's hearts!

W also had our first camping trip in June! Worst night ever! Sleepless and freezing! We stayed in my parent's camper and thought ok this will be fine we will just have the kids sleep with us. Well Maxson will fall asleep cuddling but Kenley thinks that if anyone is near her it is play time! The battery in the camper died and we were all FREEZING! Needless to say it was interesting. :) We will wait a little longer til we go camping overnight again! The next day, however, was a blast! We rode the 4wheelers and played with the dogs and shot guns! We had a great time!!!

On June 28th, the Charlotte Fire started about 7 miles from my parents house! It burned all afternoon destroying 66 homes in the area that I spent most of my childhood! It was so sad and so scary to see the smoke and know that homes were being destroyed! My parents were evacuated although, the firefighters were able to contain the fire about 3 miles away. The whole side of town was so lucky! If they hadn't contained the fire where they did SO many more homes would have been lost! It is still hard to drive through the fire area and see the damage. Many of my friends lost their homes. Homes that we had grown up in! But thankfully almost everyone had insurance and will be able to replace their monetary possessions. Be thankful for all of your blessings! You honestly never know when something like this could happen.

I love my life. I am thankful for my blessings. I am thankful for my family and friends. I am thankful for my Savior. I know Heavenly Father knows and loves me. I love my kids and hubs.

1 comment: