8.30.2012

July=Crazy

...July ... July.
We had a ton of fun in July!
SO just a little side note... I really have been doing a pinteresting thing EVERY week! I realized I have not been blogging about it... really, like I have the time... Anyway something that I came across on Pinterest was a neat way to Journal! The original idea comes from the Design Sponge!
Basically you need: Index cards and a pen. SUPER EASY WAY TO JOURNAL FOLKS!!! You need 365 Index Cards, one for everyday of the year. And you write the date on the very top. JUST the day tho. SO July 1, July 2, July 3, and so on... and then on the first line you write the year. 2012. What you do, is you just write something down that happened that day. Just one line. And as years go by you are able to look back and see what you did that day one, two, ten years ago!
I have actually been very proud of myself. I started in MAY and I have been so good about writing something every day!!

OK back to JULY....
Looking back on my Journal Calendar for July, I realized a theme! I always find it interesting how the Lord places things in our lives at certain times. :) The theme for July was Temples and Families. What I have been trying to do with my Journal Calendar is, I write something that happened during the day, but then I also write something down that I am thankful for! Many times I find that I am saying that I am thankful for my family, Eric, and my relationship with my family. I honestly have the best family! I am so thankful for each of them!

My dad is my hero. He is such an amazing guy. I am so thankful for his example of a hard working man. He is such a great example of what the Priesthood should be. He is always doing his absolutely best to fulfill his callings, giving his family enough time and energy, and being the best pediatrician this side of the Mississippi. We always have such great conversations and I am so thankful that I am like him. :)

My mom is my best friend! I am so thankful for our relationship! I call her MULTIPLE times a day. I am sure I drive her nuts most of the time. But she is just the best person to talk to, and learn from. She has taught me so much about being a wife and a mother. Any crafty DIY project I do has been approved by her. I know my life would be so colorless and boring with out her!

Taylor has turned into such an amazing man! He and I have always been close and it is so cool to watch him grow into a husband, businessman, all around great grown up guy! I have so many fond memories of the two of us growing up. We played, we fought, we cried, and laughed together and I am so thankful that we have remained close. It is so fun to have him and Hilary living so close to us!

Hilary! I am so thankful to finally have a sister! Hilary is so good for Taylor and really fits SO well into our family! Hilary is such a good example to me! She has such a strong testimony and I know that by her being an example the people in her life, she will touch their lives in ways she will never know! I love her so much. Couldn't be happier for her and Taylor.

Blake is on his mission now! We dropped him off on August 15th, so I wont really talk about that part about Blake. BJ has the most fun loving personality. He is amazing with, not only kids in general, but my kids! They absolutely love him! I am so proud of the man that he is turning into! More on him later.

Parker and I have a pretty special relationship. He is 10 years younger than me but we still have such a good relationship! Let me just say that he is a miniature Eric, so that may be the reasoning behind us being so close. Parker and Eric are two peas in a pod. When they are together they are laughing nonstop and they are hilarious. Parker is one of the most spiritual people I know. He is such a great example to me.

Maxson is my boy! He is a mommas boy through and through and he has such a sweet spirit and a great personality. It is so fun to watch him grow. He loves reading books like his mom and dad! Max is just hilarious already and I can already tell that I am going to have my hands full with him and his daddy.

Kenley is the sweetest girl in the world! She is a little dramatic sometimes. What girl isn't? She loves everything. She is so full of life and energy and I love watching her interact and grow with Max. She is a beauty and I am so thankful for this little duck! She follows me around everywhere and many times I almost kill myself tripping over her, but it makes me so happy to know that she loves me so much!

Last but NOT least, Eric Dean Massey. This man is the love of my life and my best friend in the whole world. He does such a great job of providing for us! He leads us as a patriarch in our family. He keeps me in line and helps me keep things in prospective. He listens to me and puts up with my crazy. :) He makes me feel like a queen and I am so thankful to have him!

A couple of things that happened in JULY are:
We celebrated 4th of July at the Lowman's Annual 4th of July BBQ. Also Kenley took her very first steps on the 4th!
One of my oldest friends got married! And she was BEAUTIFUL!!! So happy for Kate and Topher.
Took the Youth to Best of EFY for Mutual. The speakers were amazing!!
We went on our monthly LOGAN dinner trip to meet the Jacoxs at Cafe Sabor!
My Young Women went to girls camp!! They had a great time!
AND my FAVORITE DAY OF JULY... July 28th... We ran the Timpanogos Half Marathon, I was deathly ill afterward, went to City Creek Mall, had dinner at The Cheesecake Factory, and went to the Broadway show (in SLC) WICKED! It was such a fun, crazy, beautiful day!
EVERYONE (except mom and the twins) ran the Half. We all did awesome!
I was sick, sick, sick. I made my dad stop at Denny's so I could puke... Not sure if it was the smell of Denny's, or me actually being sick that made me so sick. I am sure it was a combo.
City Creek Mall is AMAZING.
Cheesecake Factory is ALWAYS amazing.
Wicked is my all time favorite Musical. It is so inspiring!

July was crazy...

No comments:

Post a Comment