4.29.2011

Prego + Humid HEAT= No Bueno.

SO time for an update!! :)
To start off, I really have ZERO motivation for this right now. I don't know why, but I would really rather be doing ANYTHING else than this. BUT I honestly have NOTHING else to do. (Well not HONESTLY, I could probably scrub our tub, clean our bathroom mirror, find someone to borrow a vacuum from, or something along those lines. Not fun.) And it is SO freaking hot here and the HUMIDITY is KILLING ME! Not a fan of 99 degree weather, and I will admit I walk around our apt in my skivies. In the last 3 and a half weeks in addition to me reading the first three books of the mortal instruments series (a day and a half for each), we had some interesting things happen! I will list the TOP 10.

1. We finally found somewhere to live within our ward boundaries that was affordable and SAFE.

2. We moved INTO our new ONE bedroom apt. That is correct. ONE bedroom.

3. We bought a NEW bed. We really needed one, seeing as how our bed and ALL of the REST of our furniture is in a storage unit in UTAH. That is correct, the ONLY piece of furniture we have in our humble abode is a very comfortable king size bed. No chairs, no table, no TV, no couches... Nothing. We have been very creative using storage containers as a makeshift table while sitting on the floor. An adventure for sure.

4. We had a slightly expected announcement at Stake Conference. A couple wards in our Stake were changing boundaries, ours included. We had anticipated this, therefore we found the perfect spot to move, or so we thought. The boundaries were a LITTLE different than anticipated. And our new abode is now in a different ward. (remember my last post how I was going ON and ON about how much we loved our ward family and how Eric and I had wonderful callings and how I LOVED all of my Young Women???) Needless to say I was crushed. Overdramatic? Maybe. So our NEW ward took members from the Pleasant Hills Ward and the Hunter's Creek Ward so they could have more priesthood. The Kissimmee Ward was actually really struggling with their membership and had lost a lot of families in the last year. It has been SO hard for me to accept this change! I KNOW Heavenly Father knows what he is doing and has a plan, but we just LOVED our Pleasant Hill Ward family SO much. And it really was one of the ONLY reasons I was ok living so far from our families for so long. BUT I am thankful for the wonderful friends we met BEFORE all of this happened! We have such a great group of friends here! And I am praying for my heart to be softened EVERYDAY toward this new ward. :)

5. We went to our OLD ward's Ward Camp Out. Camping here in FL is quite different than it is in Idaho. All of the plants are different, and all of the bugs are different. We didn't spend the night but we stayed til Midnight playing games around the campfire with some really great people!

6. I FINALLY broke down and bought maternity pants. Surprisingly comfortable.

7. Our good friends the Giddings' held an Easter Egg hunt/ Pool party for all the cool people in the ward (old ward). It was SO much fun! I loved hanging out with all our friends and their kiddies. Ashley did such a great job hosting! There were the cutest Easter decorations, and a delicious potatoe bar! Sad news: THEY are moving to California in less than 2 weeks! Really sad to see them and their tender little girls leave!

8. Easter Dinner at the Jacox's home! It was nice to be around friends for the Holiday! Brittney really is such an amazing host! She always has delicious food, and fun games for everyone to play! She even set up an Egg Hunt for the kids! She is wonderful! And I am SO thankful for her friendship!

9. I made and succeeded with my VERY first CARROT CAKE made from SCRATCH. Well my very first cake made from scratch. I was nervous because I brought it to the Easter Dinner, and I knew I would have some critical dessert conisours their. SUCCESS.

10. I had a Dr. Appt last week, all of my blood work came back NORMAL. And the babies seem to be doing great. THEN I had an Ultrasound appt with a High Risk Dr. and the babies LOOK perfect! Everything looks excellent. With twins I get to have an ultrasound once a month. And I get to go to the Dr. every 3 to 4 weeks. I LOVE getting to see our babies!!!

Also, we went and saw RIO and it was really cute! We love kid movies now.

I really should update more often, all that I have written would have been a decent post, BUT I have pictures! Enjoy!!

18 Weeks!!

Our tiny car, with our HUGE bed! The guys who were loading it could NOT stop laughing!

Almost 19 Weeks.


Me, Sabrina and Adassa. (I MISS THESE GIRLS!)

19 Weeks PREGO.

I really popped in the last 4 weeks!! :)

1 comment:

  1. maternity pants rock my world. you are so cute lil miss pregnant lady! can't believe ur over half way there! woohoo!

    ReplyDelete