11.22.2011

8.11.11


... BEST DAY OF OUR LIVES!

SO after we got all moved into our CUTE new home... AKA my parents basement. We started our lives here in Pocatello, ID. Eric was working at Lithia Dodge, selling cars. I was at home growing bigger and bigger by the second and also becoming more miserable. I had developed a rash on my big belly called PUPPP {pruritic urticarial papules and plaques of pregnancy} woof, it even sounds as horrible as it really was! Basically my tummy had stretched to maximum capacity! (OH PS I didn't get ANY stretch marks UNTIL I developed PUPPP at about 34 weeks.) And my skin was just so irritated from being stretched and it ITCHED like crazy! I could find NO relief. I would scratch and scratch and put lotion and different moisturizers and even resorted to putting a bag of ice on my belly! That was really the ONLY thing that worked. But it wasn't comfortable!
I will be completely honest.
I WAS MISERABLE the last 2 and a half weeks of my pregnancy. I even went into my Dr.'s office to tell him he needed to induce me because I was so uncomfortable. HA he basically scolded me and told me women do this everyday and that I need to suck it up and the longer the twins stayed inside of me the better. I felt like an idiot.
At 34 weeks I went in for an ultrasound and the tech said there was a large difference between the weights of the babies. Baby A (Maxson) was weighing around 4lbs 12 oz. And Baby B (Kenley) was weighing only 4lbs 2oz. My doctor was very concerned about the difference, and ordered another ultrasound at the hosipital, two steroid shots, and nonstress tests twice a week.
When I went in for my other ultrasound, the technician measured the weights only being 4oz apart.... SO I wasn't really worried after that. He said that each baby had an even flow of fluid and that they looked just fine. PHEW!
After that it was just nonstress tests and regular check ups...
Then I started having contractions a little more regularly... but only about 10 min apart for 2 hrs... then they would stop. Dr. said nothing to worry about. So that went on for about a week.... THEN when I was 36 weeks I went into LABOR.
Right before Eric and I headed to the HOSPITAL!
{not the best picture BUT you can see how massive I was}
LABOR AND DELIVERY:
I woke up around 3:00 am on August 8, 2011 with pretty strong contractions. They were coming about every 3 min. I went to the bathroom, got something to drink (thinking I was just dehydrated and needed to drink some H20), and layed down on the couch for a bit. But these contractions did not stop. And they kept getting stronger! So I decided that this might be the real thing. I brushed my teeth, got dressed, packed my hospital bag and then woke Eric up. He SHOT out of bed. He was so cute. He was trying to be calm, but he couldn't fool me. I knew he was anxious and nervous! We got in the car and he drove me to the hospital. I swear we hit every red light and every pot hole. He was trying to speed but it just wasn't possible! Everytime I had a contraction he would get this look of determination that said "I NEED TO GET HER THERE ASAP!" He takes care of me.
Anyway when we got to the hospital, we went to the Women's center. We parked the car and walked up to the door and it was locked. WHAT?? Yeah it was locked. Eric started freaking out trying to find a door that was open! Finally we found a maintenance door that was open and we rushed in. We made it to the Labor and Delivery floor and I told the nurse that I was in Labor. She just laughed and said well lets hook you up to the machine and we will check you out. I was in labor. I was dialated 2 centimeters! They did an ultrasound to dteremine the positions of the babies. Baby A was head down and low. and Baby B was... HEAD DOWN too?!! (she had always been transverse and breech during my last ultrasound) We now had the possibility of doing this thing vaginally!!! WooHoo!
We hung out til about 8:00am and my parents came up and the Doc checked me... 4 centimeters. I then decided it was time for an epidural. I am so thankful for modern medicine. The epidural took and I felt amazing. I was even able to get a couple minutes of sleep here and there. SO great. :) THEN the epidural began to wear off. I was checked again around 11 and I was 7 Centimeters. Dr. Cox then broke my water. After that my contractions were much stronger and closer together! And MUCH more painful especially after the epidural had worn off! I asked for another one! As soon as I got it we were ready to deliver! WAIT what?! This epidural has NOT taken YET!! And it never did. (this was the "I knew something had to go wrong! moment I mentioned before)
I was wheeled down to the OR (just incase) and I started pushing around 12:10pm. I will be honest, I was NOT prepared for the pain of labor at all. This was the worst of my life. Maybe if I had taken some classes or even mentally prepared myself for this I would have been ok. But I secretly thought the whole time I was going to have a C-Section... so why go to classes right?? Haha, I felt every contraction, every push, EVERYTHING. I pushed for about 40 min. And Eric was right there holding my hand and encouraging me the entire time! Later, he told me it was all he could do to stop from breaking down, he hated seeing me in so much pain!
Maxson James Massey was born at 12:51pm he was 5lbs 7oz and 18 1/2 inches and absolutely perfect!
A couple more pushes and out came little sister! Kenley Blake Massey was born at 1:02pm she was 5lbs even and 18 3/4 inches and SHE was absolutely perfect too! :)
They were then whisked away to the NICU as a precautionary step. They were there for about 2 hrs. That was when I was finally allowed to go down and see them! THOSE were the LONGEST 2 hours of my LIFE!

First family photo! Love these 3 more than anything in the world!

One day old!

Finally HOME! 3 days old! FIRST nap at home! :)
All in all it was a wonderful experience. Maybe not as planned, but honestly is it ever?! But it ended up being perfect. Couldn't be happier with my cute family!!

No comments:

Post a Comment